monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought some of you would like to see this photo of a prehistoric horse jaw bone and a worked stone piece in the same layer of matrix. I am doing this in a controlled dig the best I can, but as one member mentioned I need to add a scale to my dig photo. I am going to let the state guys come down and take a look at the site, so has to have things verified , but I hope I'm on to a nice important find. Who knows if it's important or not it is important to me.:laughing7: New finds in Bone valley 001.JPG This is the NA artifacts I found so far in the same context as the prehistoric fossils. New finds in Bone valley 024.JPG The worked piece at the top of the group is what was in the photo of the jaw bone.

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! :thumbsup: The one in the bottom photo, in the center looks like a pretty nice knife.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting pic and finds

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Are you digging a creek bank? Looks wet!

It's not a creek, it's just a very small deep drain about 1ft across and water is in it now do to all the rain we have had. Our top soil is a loess soil that is loose and very fine and can be up to 100ft deep, it was blown in to this area after the last Ice age. Under that you find a layer of a strange gravel that reminds me of crushed cement mixed with a grey clay from 3in to 2ft thick, that you find Ice age mammals in. I am digging into the bank area after removing the over burden soil, which in this drain goes from about 10in to 3ft to 15ft in about a 3ft distance inward toward the bank.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to let the state guys come down and take a look at the site, so has to have things verified.

You have the common sense to tell whether the site is worthwhile or not, so why invite the state? You might just lose access to your new site before you even get started.

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great site...When mother nature offers an opportunity like this you have to feel that it was just meant to be....as far as you notifying the state.This has benefits for all parties involved.You get the expertise,they get site verification.Then the whole experience was a positive for the professional-amateur relationship....win-win-win....mjm

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great stuff! Very exciting finds!

Top Member Reactions