rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont usually take my pistol when I go out but glad I did today. It was a Dobe and big and mean. Long story short it had a puppy and went away after I fired off a warning shot in its direction. Thought it was going to charge me and I love all dogs but I would of done what I had to if it did come at me. I guess it is living out there and I never saw it before I hope it keeps going else where. I sure dont want to see it again. I was told sometimes there are wild dogs out there but I have never seen one till today. I was pleased to find these seeing I had to go the other way I wanted to due to the dog went in the direction I was heading. It was cold but sunny and the flint was sparkling just for me :icon_thumleft: Now the roundish flint piece is worked on both sides. Thought it might be a crude point?
N GA finds on private property.

Attachments

• SDC11126.JPG
    SDC11126.JPG
    744.5 KB · Views: 101
  • SDC11150.JPG
    SDC11150.JPG
    795.1 KB · Views: 104
  • SDC11129.JPG
    SDC11129.JPG
    734.9 KB · Views: 94
  • SDC11136.JPG
    SDC11136.JPG
    725.4 KB · Views: 101
  • SDC11155.JPG
    SDC11155.JPG
    702 KB · Views: 96
  • SDC11157.JPG
    SDC11157.JPG
    669.2 KB · Views: 99
  • SDC11144.JPG
    SDC11144.JPG
    717.6 KB · Views: 99
  • SDC11163.JPG
    SDC11163.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now for the strange looking rock. You tell me I think it might be natural but has a cool shape. I always seem to bring something different home

Attachments

• SDC11162.JPG
    SDC11162.JPG
    797.6 KB · Views: 95
  • SDC11165.JPG
    SDC11165.JPG
    955.2 KB · Views: 92
  • SDC11166.JPG
    SDC11166.JPG
    838.2 KB · Views: 99

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flint and pottery makes for an awesome hunt! I don't know about the last one, but you know I am "rock" challenged lol maybe some type of tool. I like the wild dog story. When I lived in Georgia a wild Momma dog had her pups under the crawlspace of where I was living, it was crazy and they hummed loudly most the night. I never see wild dogs here in NC and I live about 12 acres from the game lands so thinking it's just coyote territory. Now Dobe's scare me even when they are sweet lol

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your last item looks like what's left of a core.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flint and pottery makes for an awesome hunt! I don't know about the last one, but you know I am "rock" challenged lol maybe some type of tool. I like the wild dog story. When I lived in Georgia a wild Momma dog had her pups under the crawlspace of where I was living, it was crazy and they hummed loudly most the night. I never see wild dogs here in NC and I live about 12 acres from the game lands so thinking it's just coyote territory. Now Dobe's scare me even when they are sweet lol

Yes it was a scary thing when I saw the shape of it and how big it was. When I was in high school I use to walk to basketball practice then walk home afterwards. One day on my way home 2 dobes crossed my path. I reached down and grabbed a big rock only thing I saw. I dont remember why they left but Im sure it wasnt due to the rock cause they are mean. I ran double time all the way home which was a few miles. Thanks Peaches

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your last item looks like what's left of a core.

It does have a twist to it like a large reduction piece. Dont really see much other work on it other than that. Would of made a nice tool if they had used it.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you made some nice finds. I have run across wild dogs in the wooded areas that I hunt, but have never had a real bad encounter. I also carry my pistol, just in case.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet finds! I was almost attacked by a dog on a while on a run in upstate South Carolina. My dad had warned me to take his taser and I didn't. Definitely should have. Only reason I didn't get mauled was because after a 5 minute stand off with him trying to bite me, I said F-it, and I became the aggressor and made a move at the dog. He retreated. If he hadn't, I had no escape and would have got chewed up pretty bad I'm sure.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! I was almost attacked by a dog on a while on a run in upstate South Carolina. My dad had warned me to take his taser and I didn't. Definitely should have. Only reason I didn't get mauled was because after a 5 minute stand off with him trying to bite me, I said F-it, and I became the aggressor and made a move at the dog. He retreated. If he hadn't, I had no escape and would have got chewed up pretty bad I'm sure.

I had my walking stick which has a point on the end but a Dobe could bite it in two with that bite power they carry. If I had walked up on it closer Im sure it would of been a bad day for me. Seeing it was probably 300 ft away and on a ridge above me I think is the reason I was safer than normal. The ridge is walkable but has lots of trees on it. Im just glad it decided to keep going away instead of coming to me. I carry 2 clips loaded and ready just had to put 1 in the chamber which I did after throwing my stick down along with my gloves. Just as soon as it got out of sight I hurried away myself about .25 of a mile in the other direction then went looking for things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread