leaf blade found at new site

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
I,m on vacation this week.My boss told me he just plowed a spot that had not been plowed in 40 years. We have not had rain in six weeks but I tried my luck anyhow. I T WAS 96 HOT,DRY AND HAZY ! But I found four broken points and the largest leaf blade I,ve ever found,with what looks like high grade flintridge material. Can,t wait till it rains. Ohio River Hunter

Attachments

• Picture 15.jpg
    Picture 15.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 367
  • Picture 16.jpg
    Picture 16.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Nice! Looks like it could be an Adena cache blade, and that means more of them! Post a pic. of the broken points when you get time. Thanks!
badandy

OP
OP
O

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
badandy said:
Nice! Looks like it could be an Adena cache blade, and that means more of them! Post a pic. of the broken points when you get time. Thanks!
badandy
I thought same thing ,I can,t wait till it rains. My boss showed me some of his late dad,s collection and there were a couple of points ,adena,s with same flint. here is the other broken ones UI found ORH

Attachments

• Picture 17.jpg
    Picture 17.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 333
P

pickaway

Wow great find.Looks to be FR chalcendony looks like a blueish grey w/ quartz inclusions nice.I'm gonna guess a hopewell 200bc-500ad.Should be transulent?Book o mormon right on.

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200
I think that calls for not only a happy dance, but also a rain dance! You must be going nuts waiting for the rain! Beautiful find- that leaf blade. And those broken ones ain't too shabby either ;) Wishing you continued success at your great new spot!
Abbey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread