finally an axehead

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well its an axe head but i made it with a table sander.

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

Upvote 0

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
Are you just trying to replicate the real thing? You would spend less time grinding that thing down, If you would just keep your eyes to the ground and find the real thing. Plus knowing you have the real thing is such a wonderful feeling after searching a field. I always have to do a hip hip horray when I find something. I know you are trying to replicate such a relic but the joy of finding the real thing is such more of a joy that spending countless hours plus nicked fingers and nukles doing that. I wish I had talent to do that cause there is a guy on here that acutally makes owheads and it lookes so had to me. Seems easier to just take a walk and find them at your feet. Mary ann

OP
OP
trevmma

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just found a big rock digging holes for trees and got bored, plus it gives you way way more respect to the actual old times.
I have no clue how they got theres down to a science like that.
i will dispose of it by grinding it to another shape, because i dont want any fakes to pop up out there because of me.

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Don't wreak it Trev! If you're worried about that, mark it somehow. I think you should go ahead and mount it on a stick and decorate it how you think they would have and hang it on the wall.

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
trevmma said:
well its an axe head but i made it with a table sander.

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

[/quote Well that explains it I was only trying to be nice with my last post. I knew it was a fake. I can guarantee you one thing my friend the Indians didn,t use a belt sander lol. When I get that bored I start looking for bottles or I go fishing Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread