Identification help? Indian net weight?

DIG

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2008
West Centeral FL
I metal detect in the ocean and a few years back, I found this curious item in an area that had washed out really hard after a storm. I also found a decent megalodon tooth in the same area. I was digging a metal target and as I sifted things out of my scoop I noticed what looked to be the wheel of the Flintstone mobile. I knew right away that it had been hand made and was old, but im not an artifact hunter so I thought I would ask those who would know. Any help you can give me is much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    750.4 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0

Mowwhay

Greenie
Mar 6, 2013
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't mention if the hole goes all the way through. Im thinking it doesn't? Gamestone.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you show some more angles of the piece? I have a buddy that has several of those things that he found on the beaches in Florida and at Myrtle Beach and I he he found out they were part of some sea creature.

OP
OP
DIG

DIG

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2008
West Centeral FL
Can you show some more angles of the piece? I have a buddy that has several of those things that he found on the beaches in Florida and at Myrtle Beach and I he he found out they were part of some sea creature.
Here are some better shots. Hope they help. It's definitely stone.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    511 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    529.4 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    668.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    680.1 KB · Views: 103

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Just being the devil's advocate, is the hole the same size as the shank on a dremel tool? Or does the stone look like some type of composite stone with bubbles?

My first impression would be some type of bead, but there are also a lot of other modern things that can look old, or fossil/geological things that can look man made.

Carlos Tatum probably still lives in the Tampa area, he'd be the person I'd ask.

Btw, welcome from South Florida!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net:hello: and that is a cool find. I would be thinking a bead if the hole looks right, keep us updated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread