GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't already, I would suggest that you post it in the Native American Forum as well. It's interesting no doubt. Good Luck!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hard to imagine anyone selling an effigy pipe at a garage sale. it, and the points look good to me but there are some very convincing fakes out there. any more, it's hard for me to trust a point to be genuine unless I found it myself, or I know the finder. I'll leave this one up to the experts

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
if it is fake it was made to deceive not to imitate....notice how it has usage wear on the high spots?

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id say you did very well,looks good to me.i find all kinds of good stuff at yard sales,so do not count it out because of that.thanks for sharing

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id say you did very well,looks good to me.i find all kinds of good stuff at yard sales,so do not count it out because of that.thanks for sharing
Yup. I found these at various sales over the years, not North American but...

attachment.php

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rorydy334

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for responding to my post. I am in contact with a local museum. Hopefully I can get further info from them. If I do I will post it here.

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
please do either way...we appreciate answers

OP
OP
R

Rorydy334

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this pipe on another website artifact forum and got some interesting responses. I was told that central Alabama is a hotbed of fake stonework. The gentleman who gave me that info named the town I got the pipe from as one with lots of counterfeit stonework. He told me about a book called "Sun Circles and Human Hands" that would help me in the future. I hope the curator at my local museum tells me it's authentic, but I expect them to say the pipe is fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hicks artifacts 024.jpg It is hard to say for sure that the pipe is a fake. Just from what I see it does not look to be a NA item, but I could be wrong, but most of the pipes that come to mind with a face is made more to look like a NA or an animal . The face almost reminds me of a Tiano artifact form Haiti. Here is the photo and I know this one is real, I put the photo up top. Keep us updated and maybe joshareams will stop by on this post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread