rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I was going to get the skunk today went to 2 creeks and 1 had a flood and the water had knocked down 3-4 trees looked to of risen at least 4 feet in the past 3 weeks since I had been there. I got excited by all of the new gravel bars showing. I didnt find a freaking thing couldnt believe it. I climbed out of the creek through a steep deer trail and pulled myself up beat the brush and made a trail out. What a terrible day I was thinking as I was walking. Walked past a washout and low and behold there it was laying and waiting for me. I snatched it up and went home. Boy what a lot of walking for 1 nice knife. But it was better than none

Attachments

• SDC11540.JPG
    SDC11540.JPG
    802.9 KB · Views: 151
  • SDC11539.JPG
    SDC11539.JPG
    777.3 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you where able to catch one. Makes me happy if I can walk out with at least one intact piece like that one. nice find.

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lateral mid-line flaking on one side but not the other. Makes you wonder what it was.....

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lateral mid-line flaking on one side but not the other. Makes you wonder what it was.....

It has a tip ding so Im guessing a throwing point. The closest one in my guide would be a "New Market" a Woodland point. Where it fell out of the ground in a erosion area I have found quite a few good ones in the past. I always save that spot for last cause they dont fall out often. Thanks

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you ended the day with a keeper!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I would say that they were in the process of flaking a point and material just didn't want to cooperate.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I would say that they were in the process of flaking a point and material just didn't want to cooperate.

It was finished but looks like they hit a stack and left it. It does have a tip fracture from impact.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread