399.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your arrow head find - (in what area was this found?) I don't know much about these things other than I would not want to be shot with one - anyway thanks for posting your picture and story.

Texas ED

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
So you found that near the Baytown area? That's awesome!! :thumbsup:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we dont get many Texas points so hopefully somebody from your area will chime in. Very nice though

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find and there has to be more to be found in the area. Based on where you found it, I would call it a Nolan Nolan%2071mm.jpg It's age is mid-archaic about 6,000 to 4,000 BP. There is another Tx. point that it also looks like but it is found farther south from the lower Pecos to mid southern Tx. it's called a Zorra ZorraTAa.jpg which is early archaic 7,000 to 5,500 BP. Just because you found it in your area doesn't make it a certain type, NA traveled all over the coast line and rivers. You make your on call on the type.:thumbsup: But if I was to call it I would say yours look's more like a Zorra.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions