Axe head....and arrow date/era

Momof3

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Campbell ky
Detector(s) used
The trash finding kind!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always good morning!! So here we are again.. I promise if this isn't an axe I'll give up on searching for one ..for now anyways! I'm also curious on the era of the arrowhead I found! I'm trying to figure out the specs of my spot as apparently there was an undocumented town there during the 1800's (now I know where all these darn boulders are from)! Weird thing I have yet to find remnants / flakes of the same stone as the 2 arrowheads I have actually found there!?!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As always good morning!! So here we are again.. I promise if this isn't an axe I'll give up on searching for one ..for now anyways! I'm also curious on the era of the arrowhead I found! I'm trying to figure out the specs of my spot as apparently there was an undocumented town there during the 1800's (now I know where all these darn boulders are from)! Weird thing I have yet to find remnants / flakes of the same stone as the 2 arrowheads I have actually found there!?!

no, not an axe head, those are really hard to find, i never have in over 59 years of looking. your other is a nice thumb scraper by the looks of it.

OP
OP
M

Momof3

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Campbell ky
Detector(s) used
The trash finding kind!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My husband thanks you! Now I will stop bringing home huge random stones that have an axe shape!! I give up! Now about the other piece.. Are thumb scrapers knapped on both sides?? I found a scraper yesterday it triangle with a spot for your thumb but it's flat in back and this isn't?

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As small as it is, it would make since that it is a scraper and for sure if it's thick and has no point. post the other one you found, there are all kinds of scrapers.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread