Pottery finds from the last couple days

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Revisiting a spot that looks like it will produce and hoping for the big flint find plus added benefit of no snakeys :laughing7: so far that is.

The one on the right in the first pic isn't Native American but is very old. It's either salt or alkaline glazed crockery from the early white settlers in this area. I don't find many but they are interesting to me and I'm trying to find out more about those folks who first lived here after the Native Americans, it's not easy either lol

WP_20160728_003.jpg WP_20160729_004.jpg

Upvote 0

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Hope you find/learn more on the early European settlers in your area aswell. The layers of earth can give clues to a story like a book. Around here we can find worked stone & occasionally very old copper about a foot down before the "sand belt?" but practically no pottery. About 5 to 8 inches down is rich with lots of pottery & worked stone. Above that we sometimes find trade copper - "Usually" thin sheets of copper brought by early Europeans for trade & then cut/shaped into whatever the natives desired. Mostly though it's musket balls, minie balls, iron tools, buttons & other European originated stuff only.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread