rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a creek I have only been to 1 time so far so this was the 2nd trip. I didnt think Id need my yak cause the water was low and lots was showing. Needless to say I should of brought it cause I hit a deep spot and the banks were to steep so I turned around and headed back. Found a couple nice pieces and the rest was just interesting things and most are broken except the 2 and the bottle. Fall is coming by all of the leaves dropping. HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC11744.JPG
    SDC11744.JPG
    815.3 KB · Views: 99
  • SDC11743.JPG
    SDC11743.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • SDC11745.JPG
    SDC11745.JPG
    773.1 KB · Views: 116
  • SDC11749.JPG
    SDC11749.JPG
    759.9 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Looks like you find a lot of cool spots that haven't been searched extensively. That's always fun since you never know what your going to pull out next. Any idea what the iron ring is? I was out yesterday and found a silver ring with a blue lapis center just sitting there. HH

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks promising and maybe you should look there more often. Wonder how old the bottle is and what it was used for.

I posted it in the bottle forum and they said it was from 1920-1930 time frame. Im giving it to my friend he saves them. I also found another whiskey cork top but the lip was missing half so I left it. If they were older I would of kept them.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Looks like you find a lot of cool spots that haven't been searched extensively. That's always fun since you never know what your going to pull out next. Any idea what the iron ring is? I was out yesterday and found a silver ring with a blue lapis center just sitting there. HH

I get permission from owners so its all private land I hunt so I am usually the only one in the creeks.
The ring looks to be natural iron ore but I did find it on a section where I found the knife so I kept it. Never know they might of used it or the last flood could of left it there.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like that creek holds promise. Congrats and good luck.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
this post is a perfect example of the fact that items being found in close proximity have NOTHING to do with each other. we all have found things in the same spot like that. I have a pamplin pipe that i found a few feet away from a 70's brass dope pipe. when we try to point that out to new fellers, they often get real butt-hurt and start to call us frauds. it gets real old real fast.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this post is a perfect example of the fact that items being found in close proximity have NOTHING to do with each other. we all have found things in the same spot like that. I have a pamplin pipe that i found a few feet away from a 70's brass dope pipe. when we try to point that out to new fellers, they often get real butt-hurt and start to call us frauds. it gets real old real fast.

I have looked at it many times and even though its a strange shape I do believe it is natural just like the 2 pieces on the lower left bottom row. They looked good wet but after I washed them and they dried I now know they are nothing but geofacts. Lots of those kind of rocks in this creek but I will go again next week and have another look. The owner doesnt care just as long as I let him know when I am there.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have looked at it many times and even though its a strange shape I do believe it is natural just like the 2 pieces on the lower left bottom row. They looked good wet but after I washed them and they dried I now know they are nothing but geofacts. Lots of those kind of rocks in this creek but I will go again next week and have another look. The owner doesnt care just as long as I let him know when I am there.

For some reason I said the lower left but meant the lower right. The 2 on the left are broken pieces. Both bases and the one on the far left is thick like a piece of a flint ax or a huge knife.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread