rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well darn I went and asked permission to a old hunting spot that had been sold and developed to a farm. Took 3 of my best walking sticks and some other things I usually trade at farms for walking rights. Got shot down in a hurry which I was shocked due to the spot wasnt even on their farm section I knew about. But I could tell no matter what I said it wasnt going to change so I drove around the bend to another spot I have permission (Bottle Creek). I found some things nothing great but better than nothing. No rain here and the creeks are at their lowest for the year plus the leaves are dropping so it was a tough hunt and I feel lucky to of found anything. Awl or preform, crude spoheshave not used much, quartzite debitage but big flake, other debitage, and what would of been a killer knife but broken in half, piece of cord marked pottery. HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC11840.JPG
    SDC11840.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • SDC11836.JPG
    SDC11836.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting piece on right of photos, little black tear drop piece.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I see you didn't wash away with the storm rock. I would have thought you guys would have at least caught a piece of the rain from it? sorry to hear about your spot man. I hope a new better door opens for you. nice finds.

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well darn I went and asked permission to a old hunting spot that had been sold and developed to a farm. Took 3 of my best walking sticks and some other things I usually trade at farms for walking rights. Got shot down in a hurry which I was shocked due to the spot wasnt even on their farm section I knew about. But I could tell no matter what I said it wasnt going to change so I drove around the bend to another spot I have permission (Bottle Creek). I found some things nothing great but better than nothing. No rain here and the creeks are at their lowest for the year plus the leaves are dropping so it was a tough hunt and I feel lucky to of found anything. Awl or preform, crude spoheshave not used much, quartzite debitage but big flake, other debitage, and what would of been a killer knife but broken in half, piece of cord marked pottery. HH, rock

Nice finds Rock! The pottery you refer to as corded marked does that basically mean a cord was used to mark the pottery?. Maybe a dumb question but figured id ask.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting piece on right of photos, little black tear drop piece.

I think its a awl type of tool. To fat to be a point imo.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I see you didn't wash away with the storm rock. I would have thought you guys would have at least caught a piece of the rain from it? sorry to hear about your spot man. I hope a new better door opens for you. nice finds.

Very disappointing on the no the owner gave me. He tried to tell me there was no points out there. I let him finish as I was hoping he might let me look anyway. I hear it all the time how there is nothing worth looking at. My response is well if there isnt anything worth finding is it okay I have a look and waste my time. It usually works and then I go and find something. But that didnt work either. So I went ahead and told them the truth. I use to look for the points out there before they bought the property and have a nice frame of them. You should of seen his face then I told him I would give him 1/2 of the take his choice and it was still a no. I thanked him for his time and left.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Rock! The pottery you refer to as corded marked does that basically mean a cord was used to mark the pottery?. Maybe a dumb question but figured id ask.

Not dumb at all there is many print types in my area the cord marked being one of the oldest types. If you look at the bottom of the pic there is a dark spot like a small circle which isnt much markings in that area. That small dot is where a handle would of been attached and the handles usually break off or come undone. The handles are called Lugs.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions