Found a nice flake today

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to get out for a little while today, nice and sunny but temps cool, no snakes or mosquitoes and I like that. The creek is pretty dry so thought I'd rake out from under a bank and see if anything would come up, not much luck but did find this pretty little flake. You can't really tell from the pic but it's got a nice bulb on the side that is not flaked. It may have a been a utilized flake but I'm hoping some day to find the projectile points that they made from this gray material and betting it will be a killer. Thanks for the look! HH
WP_20161022_008.jpg WP_20161022_009.jpg

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to get out for a little while today, nice and sunny but temps cool, no snakes or mosquitoes and I like that. The creek is pretty dry so thought I'd rake out from under a bank and see if anything would come up, not much luck but did find this pretty little flake. You can't really tell from the pic but it's got a nice bulb on the side that is not flaked. It may have a been a utilized flake but I'm hoping some day to find the projectile points that they made from this gray material and betting it will be a killer. Thanks for the look! HH
View attachment 1373396 View attachment 1373397

good eyes...
Is there high ground by that creek? If so, go there !

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are in the right area, Some nice looking material.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back out today to the same general area where the flake was and found a nice pottery shard so I'm feeling better about my creek. Here's a couple pics of outside and inside. I think it's fabric impressed and you can see lines on the inside too where they smoothed it which is unusual for me to find shards with inside lines. It's been a good weekend for me! :hello2:

Outside WP_20161023_005.jpg Inside WP_20161023_004.jpg

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice flake looks like the blue stuff I find around here.
On the pottery I think I would display the inside facing out so people could see that. I havent found any with the work on the inside before, very interesting

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back out today to the same general area where the flake was and found a nice pottery shard so I'm feeling better about my creek. Here's a couple pics of outside and inside. I think it's fabric impressed and you can see lines on the inside too where they smoothed it which is unusual for me to find shards with inside lines. It's been a good weekend for me! :hello2:

Outside View attachment 1373873 Inside View attachment 1373874
neat find. I don't know anything about pottery.I havn't found any yet but always have my eyes open for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread