Northeast Ohio Sample Collection - Points

mkov1028mk

Nov 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these and others in a field and a stream that runs near field. Many have been found over the years, grandfather, my father, myself and others. Any information on these would be helpful.
Have found other bits and many small worked pieces. Some look older than others but other than knowing what they look like I lack any other info on them. Thanks for any help. Arrowheads 001.jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, most look like Woodland period but I do see a Archaic point in the mix might be others in there to. Id be happy to find any of those. Nice pieces

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful points! Congrats.
HH
dts

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there! In my opinion, you are more likely to find undamaged points in the stream. But it is a lot harder and your "find success rate" will be less. Good future luck!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet!

Nice finds! What geographic area were they found?

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, most look like Woodland period but I do see a Archaic point in the mix might be others in there to. Id be happy to find any of those. Nice pieces

I agree with this 100%. Everything in that group except for the 2nd Point from the left in the bottom row looks to be from the Woodland period. The one Archaic Point could be a Big Sandy Contracting Base type. Looks like typical Ohio artifacts and some very nice examples.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with this 100%. Everything in that group except for the 2nd Point from the left in the bottom row looks to be from the Woodland period. The one Archaic Point could be a Big Sandy Contracting Base type. Looks like typical Ohio artifacts and some very nice examples.

Thanks practice makes perfect just takes some longer than others ha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread