Really little arrowheads

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I know I've shown some of these in the past, but we do have a few new people. I can get a dozen arrowheads on two dollars.😎
IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0780.JPG

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Bird Points! Very similar to the ones one sees from Africa that are extremely old.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are probably the smallest ones I own. The first two pictures are from Arizona and the last one is from New Mexico.

Attachments

• DSC_0216.jpg
    DSC_0216.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0217.jpg
    DSC_0217.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 76
  • New Mexico (28).jpg
    New Mexico (28).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 83

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are awesome .. One day I will find an arrow head ... Thanks for sharing!

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe anyone can even see those when hunting...

No kidding...how the heck do you see those points lying on the ground? Do you maybe look in certain natural deposit places where maybe moving water collects them or something like that? That's the only thing I can think of. I can't imagine walking a field and seeing that lying in the dirt. Very cool.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
I was hunting a spot known for finding beads. I spotted a stone bead smaller than a dime and while looking thru the lens of the camera to photo my find I saw a grey point laying about two inches from the bead. I did not see the point when I first spotted the bead.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No kidding...how the heck do you see those points lying on the ground? Do you maybe look in certain natural deposit places where maybe moving water collects them or something like that? That's the only thing I can think of. I can't imagine walking a field and seeing that lying in the dirt. Very cool.

you develop the "eye" for it and start seeing them in your sleep too...

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you develop the "eye" for it and start seeing them in your sleep too...

LOL isn't that the truth. Once you get into an area with flakes your nose get's pretty close to the ground. Those are awesome points Quito and Grim !

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool points, quito. Those were made by a race of little people that were here in the past before us. (Just kidding, but that is a story you will hear from some elders.) I think the smaller points are easier to knap out, but smaller points do penetrate the target better and easier.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and thanks for sharing them. I know when I found some these small I had to get on my hands and knees to see them

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a good story about little points. My Dad and I were looking for points one day and it was very windy. I'm talking 20 mph winds and gusting even higher. We hadn't found much when my Dad sees something moving in the wind along the ground. He goes over and sure enough, it was a Pineallas point. It is pictured here and is the point to the left of the center point. It's the only example I know of where a point came and found the person.

Attachments

• triangle4.jpg
    triangle4.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
quito

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Here's a good story about little points. My Dad and I were looking for points one day and it was very windy. I'm talking 20 mph winds and gusting even higher. We hadn't found much when my Dad sees something moving in the wind along the ground. He goes over and sure enough, it was a Pineallas point. It is pictured here and is the point to the left of the center point. It's the only example I know of where a point came and found the person.

!
LOL! Good eye, Great story

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions