4.5 celts

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I have been fortunate enough to find four complete celts. I have a few partials and a preform as well. Anyway these are the 4 complete celts, and a bit that is about identical to one of the complete ones and from the same site. The one above the bit half is a small complete celt too. Oh and I have found the poll end of another I would really like to find the rest of.
IMG_0825.JPG IMG_0771.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Not many of those in my area. Only found one complete and several busted and broke pieces along with a couple chipped axes. Hoping there is still a few out there waiting.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been lucky and have found quite a few Celts in my area but I have only found two complete Axes in 51 years of hunting.

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are blessed to have hardstone in our area but still don't have but a couple, really cool finds!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the hard stone in my area are in the quartz sections where there is no flint. I have found some pieces but only 1 celt whole. Nice collection

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and hard to find whole thougt the internet is full of them. I am hunting a site that has produced a few green stone celts but none for me yet there. Happy New Year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions