Pendant or Hafted Scraper

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
mc4.jpg mc3.jpg mc2.jpg mc1.jpg another Mill Creek Find. Same area where i found the Eden Point and Pipe yesterday. Thoughts guys? hafted scraper or pendant?

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really neat piece Mogi.

Pardon my ignorance, but is a hafted scraper a re-use of a broken point? Or is it it's own thing altogether?

ShieldJaguar

Aug 9, 2009
KC, MO
I live in Jackson County MO and I found one very similar to yours. I found it on a creek bank with three small points after a heavy rain. That portion of the creek wall had collapsed exposing them. They were all covered in a dark grease. I always assumed it was from a decayed deer pouch. The one that is similar measures 2 1/8 inches long by 1 1/8 wide. The three small "dart" points measure 1.5 inches for the two longer ones and 1 inch on the shorter. The notched object is thinned in the middle. Haven't figured out what mine is either.

Shield frame.JPG frame2.JPG frame3.JPG frame4.JPG frame5.JPG

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in Jackson County MO and I found one very similar to yours. I found it on a creek bank with three small points after a heavy rain. That portion of the creek wall had collapsed exposing them. They were all covered in a dark grease. I always assumed it was from a decayed deer pouch. The one that is similar measures 2 1/8 inches long by 1 1/8 wide. The three small "dart" points measure 1.5 inches for the two longer ones and 1 inch on the shorter. The notched object is thinned in the middle. Haven't figured out what mine is either.

Shield View attachment 1401846 View attachment 1401850 View attachment 1401852 View attachment 1401854 View attachment 1401855

BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION my friend!

ShieldJaguar

Aug 9, 2009
KC, MO
Thanks! Its just one of 5 frames, all from the same creek. I have 150 plus points from this one creek as well as lots of scrapers, pottery, brokes and heartbreakers and I've only been hunting this creek for the last 13 years. The last 4 years I haven't been able to go out but a handful of times each year with work, kids and honey do's, lol. Have everything from Dalton and Grahams Cave to Historic, so long occupation. Love this creek.

Last edited:

mn9000

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do know this much, Mill Creek in Kansas has some of the biggest catfish I've ever seen in my life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread