That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chessmen Trip

Feb 6, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like seeing what people find but tony if I were you I wouldn't deal with all the BS you get here. Just me? Maybe?
By the way when you take pictures with your iPhone, it tags them with the GPS location of where you are, so anyone can find the location.
For online pictures I use a cheap digital, no GPS tagging

You can disable geotagging on images within settings pretty easily just FYI :)

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Master Mogi and Tony the Kid should join forces and spend a week digging artifacts together. I would pay money to see the many fantastical and unimaginable pieces they would no doubt expose to the light of day for the first time since they were buried under the sands of time.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i can tell you from experience that when you remove something from the ground that has been there for thousands of years, it leaves in a very hard and sturdy imprint in the soil, almost like a fossil imprint. Are you seeing anything like that as you brush off the soil on top of these artifacts? the artifacts shouldn't just pop out into your hands but should almost have to be pried off the soil almost as if they are glued down. this happens to all sorts of things buried in the ground even for as short a time as 100 years in a privy (digging bottles).

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
i can tell you from experience that when you remove something from the ground that has been there for thousands of years, it leaves in a very hard and sturdy imprint in the soil, almost like a fossil imprint. Are you seeing anything like that as you brush off the soil on top of these artifacts? the artifacts shouldn't just pop out into your hands but should almost have to be pried off the soil almost as if they are glued down. this happens to all sorts of things buried in the ground even for as short a time as 100 years in a privy (digging bottles).

The sandy rock shelters that I dig in don't leave those witness marks but I would agree that in shelters with a fair amount of clay, the impressions are there. I guess it all depends on soil types.

OP
OP
T

tonykidd

Dec 4, 2016
North Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Master Mogi and Tony the Kid should join forces and spend a week digging artifacts together. I would pay money to see the many fantastical and unimaginable pieces they would no doubt expose to the light of day for the first time since they were buried under the sands of time.
I found a flint unicorn just this morning!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread