3-4-2017 Today's pottery finds and more flint

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I have to say yesterday marks the 4 yr anniversary of me finding artifacts in my creek! :hello2: I must be getting closer to the origin of the gray flint or something because I found another one today but further upstream. It looks almost like a tiny bird point until you flip it over and see the bulb :icon_scratch: The larger pottery shard is very water worn but I'm always happy to find any pottery no matter it's condition and this one really shows the temper used in the clay. The little pottery shard is another orange one with a little glaze on the inside of it and is from the time period of when Pardo was here wreaking havoc on the natives. Thanks for the look! HH

Close up of the flake WP_20170304_011.jpg

Outside view: WP_20170304_013.jpg

Inside view: WP_20170304_015.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big piece of pottery has tumbled in the creek for a long time, will be interesting to see a gray flint point

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised you don't find more points .....any spots where I find pottery I find a lot of points too. That flint is nice in a new spot I hunt just recently started finding nice size pieces that are worked and I'm praying I find a point made out of it.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st piece looks to a part of something. Is it just a flake to?

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a graver tip on the first one,thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rock and jamey: It's a tiny bit thicker than the others and maybe a tool/graver tip. I wonder if things like that were used for designs in pottery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread