FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone, I posted these on the "Todays Finds" forum over a year ago when they were found. These points were found by me in Clark County, Indiana on 5/21/06. Here is the story:

I am a volunteer with the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) at the Falls of the Ohio State Park in Clarksville, Indiana. The Falls centers mostly around fossils as it sits on the largest exposed Devonian fossil bed in the world. Anyway, I was hiking to a good fossil site not far from my dad's property to gather fossils for a school group I had at the Falls the next day. As I was hiking I found a dirt path leading up hill to the fossils and I saw a small hammer stone at the foot of the hill and I said aloud, "You dont belong here". I had never seen any sign of ancient people as long as I had been going out there. So, I headed on my way to collect the fossils, and I soon ran out of water so I decided to hike back. On my way back down the hill I noticed the signs of dehydration. I continued on the path until I came to a ridge. I stopped to catch my breath for a second and I noticed a small glimmer of a bluish grey stone on the ground. I bent over to get a better look and I noticed that it was the broken base of an arrowhead and right next to it was the tip pf an arrowhead. I figured that it was the other half. I bent over and picked up the base and put it in my pocket. As I picked up the other piece a big chunk of dirt came up with it. I broke off the dirt and to my surprise, it was whole!! I looked over and there was another and another and ANOTHER!! All in all that day I pulled out 12 points, 3 drills, and 2 preforms or blades. I contacted Bob Overstreet of "Overstreet's Guide to Indian Arrowheads" and he said that he would include them in his next book! This was by far the best find of my life! Unfortunately I have come across some hardships and I am now forced to sell them to pay unexpected medical bills. If anyone out there is interested, please send me a PM. I hope you all enjoy the story. It is still as vivid to me as the day I found them. Thanks and God bless.

HH!

Fox

Attachments

• cache8.jpg
    cache8.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 642
  • cache1.jpg
    cache1.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 633
Upvote 0

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the points and what type of flint is the purplish color stuff..
Very nice!!!!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds, sorry you have to sell them.

Fossis..............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread