Big Sandy Broad Base?

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The treasures just keep coming! First the beautiful green Tallahatta Quartzite point and now this little gem. It also showed up in the round pen we just put in for training our horses. I can't believe it is just missing a little of one barb. I'm just learning to identify types, but it seems to have a lot of characteristics of the Big Sandy Broad Base. Any ideas on type?

This was a surface find on our farm in NW Georgia.

Attachments

• IMG_2067.JPG
    IMG_2067.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2068.JPG
    IMG_2068.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
OP
OP
BearCreek

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey BearCreek lets see some pictures outside ,where you are feeding hay . It may be on top of a camp site.
I will try to get one tomorrow and post it if the weather cooperates. I don't know anything about camp sites, but I'm curious about why they would leave their points and knives there. I found a deer antler that is very blunt and scratched looking. My imagination is running wild...maybe they used it for knapping...maybe not lol! Probably from more recent times. Also found the matching piece of a broken point I found last week. Perfect match. No idea what it is. Nothing like the others. Right now our two little yearling fillies like to camp out up there. They love to roll around in the dirt, grab my rake, and bug me when I'm raking the big rocks and sticks out of the arena footing. 800 lb toddlers!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... I don't know anything about camp sites, but I'm curious about why they would leave their points and knives there. I found a deer antler that is very blunt and scratched looking...

My thoughts go to when I was a kid in the creek with a machete cleaning up and the next thing you know, it's gone. Right under my nose, but I couldn't find it and haven't to this day. That's why I wrap the handle with fluorescent tape now and sometimes I still have a time spotting it. I'm sure that's why most tool companies make everything in loud colors. So, I don't think they just left stuff. Lost, stored and forgotten or maybe died under whatever conditions never to return. Then, there's the young'uns playing with Daddy's tools (boy, can I relate to that)...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions