vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Hhaysr from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, it is a natural weathered rock, not artifact.

OP
OP
H

Hhaysr

Greenie
Mar 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has man made marks hard to pick up with camera I need better camera

OP
OP
H

Hhaysr

Greenie
Mar 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to show its a hand held Celt very rough like sandpaper paleo or early archaic

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has man made marks hard to pick up with camera I need better camera

I'm afraid your going off the shape and not the actual workmanship, I blew the pictures way up, no signs of the hands of man..

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring break already?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
give us close ups of what you see

OP
OP
H

Hhaysr

Greenie
Mar 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1811.JPG IMG_1813.JPG IMG_1812.JPG . The hand axe cannot pick up with camra you need loupe to see

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know its hard for you to hear that its not an artifact,but if it was ,i do not think you would need a loupe to see it.keep looking you will find one then you will see what we are talking about .hh

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you are seeing is pitting from natural erosion and not pecking from manufacture. Did you check out my reply to your Hand Axe thread?

OP
OP
H

Hhaysr

Greenie
Mar 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you realize this is silstone and where this was found there is no silstone closet silstone 26 miles away it's one of the hardest stones to find geos on you look for scratches not pecking but I do value your option I have been collecting for 42 years in Pa also for silstone the bottom part of the bit is considered polished

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hhaysr, as you can see, folks here believe your offerings are rocks, just as experienced collectors on another artifact forum already informed you. It's best to just let down your guard, realize you are mistaken, and accept the considered judgement of people who know better then yourself, and are doing their best to help you. Your offerings are not artifacts, not tools. They are just rocks.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. Just rocks. Keep looking, you'll find the good stuff.

OP
OP
H

Hhaysr

Greenie
Mar 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opinions

I agree with some of opinion and I toss in rock garden but some I don't ex stone knife has at least eight man Marks at least four around back core another the square black tool I posted all eight corners polished the same angle this was not done by mother nature I do post questionable stones because not sure and then I like to post my views on to get you to look at my findings ex flare bit Celt I posted as tool it has rubbing marks on sides but nothing on top or bottom I have been hunting artifacts for 42 years and I'm still learning I try to use James Bennett and Lar hothem books on authenticating artifacts what to look for also when there is multiple stones with same shape mother nature does not do this ex the axe I posted the white one this paloe or early archaic I know of in collections even Harrisburg museum with same shape and construction this what I based my opinion on and the stone knife the same form found in area I really do like opinions but not when posted rock only it should be explained why you see rock only this is a forum I was informed on this site I am not allowed to post my opinion because the opinion given to me is by someone smarter then me this post will probably black list me from getting opinions also opinions based off photographs which is hard with artifacts easier when in hand thank you for reading my OPINION

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...we ALL have a bucket full of "just rocks" that we collected when we started out...a whole lot of "fit in the hand pieces", odd shapes, "visible tool marks" etc....bout once you develop your knowledge base a glance is usually all you need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread