No points this time, but still a great day to be out in the creek

stamello

Apr 12, 2017
Flintstone GA / Chattanooga TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The field we hunted a few weeks ago is growing now, so my kids and I moved down to the water. The main creek was too high to see anything, but we found a shallow spring and the owner was happy to let us poke around there all morning. Found a couple of broken pieces that looked worked, a donut shaped metal object, and a weird honeycombed rock. Not as good a hunt as the first one, but my kids of course found many more pieces that they imagined were arrowheads so we all came home happy.
Any guesses on what the rock and metal pieces are? Not native of course, so this is probably the wrong forum. The "rock" might be manmade, but the gradually smaller holes make me wonder if it's weathered.
IMG_20170506_194308391.jpg IMG_20170506_194321436.jpg IMG_20170506_194351185.jpg

Upvote 0

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting rock with all the holes i am curious as to what it is the round metal thing could be a large washer maybe? The main creek might have some stuff uncovered after the water goes down hope yal find something really good when it does

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rock with lots of holes looks like a piece of igneous rock, a form of lava rock. It is common out west don't know about the east.

OP
OP
S

stamello

Apr 12, 2017
Flintstone GA / Chattanooga TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting rock with all the holes i am curious as to what it is the round metal thing could be a large washer maybe? The main creek might have some stuff uncovered after the water goes down hope yal find something really good when it does
The donut shaped metal thing is about 3 inches in diameter and about an inch thick. One side is really rounded like a donut, and the other side is flat. My kids insist that it's a fossilized indian donut :)

gentleone444

Apr 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fossilized Indian donut! Kids are great and hilarious aren't they!?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rough rock is probably a type of slag. The iron piece I have no idea but the other 2 pieces look like either broken artifacts or debitage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread