My best stuff

TBrandum

Greenie
May 13, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_2081.JPG

I posted my best find in the recent find tread so I figure I would share a pic of my "A" frame. Most of these were found in east or southeast TX. I have not personally found them all, this frame represent my best finds, family members, good friends and some that I have picked up for a local collector as he "culls" some out of his collection. I enjoy hunting and finding my own, but a good local piece is hard for me to pass on. My Father in Law got me into hunting and collecting, just like his father in law did. Now with my boys hunting we have managed to keep this tradition for 4 generations.

Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty danged impressive! I like the heavily resharpened black point just 10 o'clock from center. Good stuff all over.

OP
OP
T

TBrandum

Greenie
May 13, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice frame of quality artifacts.
The Cody Complex is well represented including a number of Red River Knives. :thumbsup:

Red rivers are one of my favorite types, I like a good scottsbluff as much as the next guy but when they get a heavy bevel it shows me just how much they used and enjoyed that point.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

OP
OP
T

TBrandum

Greenie
May 13, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty danged impressive! I like the heavily resharpened black point just 10 o'clock from center. Good stuff all over.

Thanks! That is a Kisatchie, it's the same type as the first two in the row at 2 o'clock from center, the black one is obviously worked down a lot more but still a cool piece. Thanks for looking!!

OP
OP
T

TBrandum

Greenie
May 13, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Few guys move as much dirt and put as much effort & passion into finding relics as you and Mark do. Always great to see your finds!

Thanks Joshua,
Mark definitely has thought me a lot and I wouldn't have half the collection I do if it wasn't for him investing a lot of time and dragging me with him, lol!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A super nice collection of blades and a good mentor/hunting buddy are worth more than you realize. Stay close an learn all you can. Thanks for posting:icon_thumright:

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful display. Seriously, well done. Are the Red River's the top left ones? Those are crazy looking....I wonder why the offset shape.

OP
OP
T

TBrandum

Greenie
May 13, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful display. Seriously, well done. Are the Red River's the top left ones? Those are crazy looking....I wonder why the offset shape.

They are, I will get some pictures of the group and post a few pics of what they looked like before being sharpened down. They were believed to had been used as a drawl knife, they are worked down or salvaged scottsbluffs.

Again thanks everyone for the kind words, glad to be able to share them with y'all!

OP
OP
T

TBrandum

Greenie
May 13, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a few pics of the RRK's, the first few pics show what the point would of looked like before being sharpened down, and then a few group pics of the ones I have.

IMG_2105.JPG IMG_2107.JPG IMG_2109.JPG IMG_2110.JPG IMG_2115.JPG

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
What a cool set of artifacts. Don't find'em like that every day. I often wonder when I find one and pick it up if the last hand that touched it was the hand that made it. What a rush!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread