Help Identify Please

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Southeastern U.S. (Georgia)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a large, seemingly bifurcated point this morning. I can't figure out the type and I'm looking for some suggestions if someone has seen anything similar. Thanks in advance

Having some trouble with pictures so please bear with me

big point.PNG

big point2.JPG

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a book I have it looks very much like something called a Beaver Lake or a Quad. But I don't know for sure....but man that thing is AWESOME!!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome blade! I couldn't find a match in " A Guide To The Identification of Florida Projectile Points" by Ripley P. Bullen. I know you found it in Georgia but a lot of our points are similar to Florida points. The closest match I found was a Hamilton but the shoulders on it are square unlike the tapered ones on your find.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats nice right there.. That things about 8 inches long, my wife would love that....

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Ici

Mar 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Lively point to me. My Uncle found several of these about the same size when he excavated a site at Ft Benning in the 80s. Just my .02 cents im by no means an expert

Ici

Mar 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im almost sure it is Lively point. Again i could be wrong but from what i remember that looks almost identical to the ones that my uncle found.

Ici

Mar 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people call them a Conerly if i remember correctly but my uncle said they were different points

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tell you what, that is an amazing find to be that large and unbroken. Very rare. I nominated it for banner and I hope others do too! Super nice point whatever the experts finally classify it as.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread