Pottery Disc Game Piece

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some folks don't really care about the pottery like I do but it has it's own stories to tell, which I love. But this year has been a slow year for me due to my son moving out and he was the one who chopped the big weeds down for me to access the creek but there is one spot I can go down fairly easily so I go there and hunt. That being said, I went there Sunday and moved some sand around and found a pretty good shard but this afternoon after work I went down there and was about to stop poking around when I saw the pottery disc and couldn't believe my luck since I was just wishing I had one like the display from the Berry site I saw Saturday :hello2:. I had to share it with everyone and if you have any you have found please post them in your reply, they're a pretty cool find and I think they might even be a little bit rare too.

Still wet from the creek view WP_20170809_001.jpg To show how flat it is: WP_20170809_003.jpg
After it dried out a little: WP_20170809_013.jpg

The other pottery piece I found Sunday: WP_20170807_004.jpg

Upvote 0

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find, it does look round enough and you can see those stripes. I always like seeing the different pottery. You see it all over out here but its much more difficult to find back east, because of all the grass and weeds and so forth. You can see a photo of a pottery whirl a friend of mine found here. I found the drill thing.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/546581-native-american-awl-looking-2nd-opinions.html

Those are cool finds and I found a flint awl once sitting on top of some cobbles in my creek after a rain. I don't have anywhere in my yard or field to hunt but have found over 300 pottery shards and a few points in the creek in the last few years. Was a nice surprise to start finding things and still loving it today.

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, I have only found one of those a long time ago and I see it now and then, but don't know where it is now.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are cool finds and I found a flint awl once sitting on top of some cobbles in my creek after a rain. I don't have anywhere in my yard or field to hunt but have found over 300 pottery shards and a few points in the creek in the last few years. Was a nice surprise to start finding things and still loving it today.

Congratulations on the finds. I would love to see some more of the pottery and the points. I dont get to see Indian artifacts from back east all that often, especially pottery.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, I have only found one of those a long time ago and I see it now and then, but don't know where it is now.

Is it holed like mine is? And please try and find it if you can. I'd love to see it and its a shame when these kind of things get lost in a junk drawer.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is really fantastic! I've never found any pottery in our fields or creeks. You can just imagine how hard someone worked to make it. Don't you just wish you could talk to them - truly amazing!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep Looking, you're bound to come across something at some point. And around water is always the best place to look.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a cool artifact ! I have never been fortunate enough to find any type of game piece, and the only pottery I find in my area are shards about an inch squared or less. HH

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. It is always a good day when I find pottery!

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it holed like mine is? And please try and find it if you can. I'd love to see it and its a shame when these kind of things get lost in a junk drawer.

It is like the one above except it is made with orange clay instead of the brown clay, no hole.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Out here in the WEST there is plenty of pottery laying in sooo many places. if its pottery you seek, there's more than enough out here for one whose interested in it. I keep only the ones I find which appear to interest me, be the material, paint job on them, or shape.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Out here in the WEST there is plenty of pottery laying in sooo many places. if its pottery you seek, there's more than enough out here for one whose interested in it. I keep only the ones I find which appear to interest me, be the material, paint job on them, or shape.

You are very lucky to have them.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Game piece is a nice artifact. I have yet to find any pottery.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive only found 1 pottery disc and gave it to my brother and have never seen it since. I have found 1 stone disc and am not giving it away. Congrats on finding that Peaches I know you put in the time for something nice like that.

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find congrats! I guess thats one of the few finds made out of pottery which could be called a whole piece other than a pot. I know they made pipes out if the same material i guess there are others but i cant think of many. So that is a very rare find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread