IHS Jesuit trade ring

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum and metal detecting so I also posted this in the fur trade forum I hope that's alright. I just found this trade ring yesterday on a permission with longhouses during the mid 1600s. This is probably my best find ever metal detecting. I still can't believe I found it!! I was hoping someone could give me some more information about it. I'm pretty certain it is an IHS Jesuit trade ring from the 1650s based on the activity from the site I found it at. Any info would be appreciated Many thanks!!!

IMG_3035.JPG IMG_3063.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_3066.JPG
    IMG_3066.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a super find. I personally love Contact Era artifacts. Was it a NY site? They are often found on Iroquois village sites of the 17th and 18th centuries. It's in good shape. Congrats!

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a super find. I personally love Contact Era artifacts. Was it a NY site? They are often found on Iroquois village sites of the 17th and 18th centuries. It's in good shape. Congrats!

Thank you very much!! I'm very excited to have found it. Yes indeed I found it in the finger lake region of New York. The bottom is still on it as well it's just bent under a bit

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't give you any helpful info- but dang that is a cool find !!

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! That is amazing! I know you have to be very excited to have found that. I am brand new to metal detecting as well. I found a very old mule shoe...not really quite the same as that killer find right there lol! Congratulations!

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That is amazing! I know you have to be very excited to have found that. I am brand new to metal detecting as well. I found a very old mule shoe...not really quite the same as that killer find right there lol! Congratulations!

Thank you! I am indeed very excited about it. I was stunned when I dug it. Just kinda sat there in awe. That's pretty neat! I've only found one horse shoe so far. Not even a mule shoe!! Are you loving metal detecting so far?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is am amazing trade item. You also need to post it in the Todays finds. I am sure they would like to see it as well. Congrats on a super find.

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is am amazing trade item. You also need to post it in the Todays finds. I am sure they would like to see it as well. Congrats on a super find.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely post it there as well. Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread