monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you may have noticed that I have not been posting finds for sometime now, I've been under the weather and taking some strong stuff that just zaps my energy. My wife would not let me go to any creeks today, so I went to a field that I just wanted to look over one area after they got it ready for the winter in N.E. La.. I walked a good bit and that did me some good found a lot of broken pottery and 2 chipped tools. fridays find5.jpg I had done got real wore out and was walking back to my jeep dragging my butt and not really looking for artifacts. The sun was to my back and I saw out of the corner of my eye something that the sun reflected off of. Thinking it was a piece of glass I almost didn't give it a second look, but I did an when I took a good look I got weak in the knees. This is what I found within 50ft of where I found my Owl bead. fridays find4.jpg fridays find3.jpg fridays find2.jpg fridays find1.jpg fridays find.jpg This is a Quartz crystal bead preform that the Poverty Point culture is known to have made. You can see where they started to drill it but never finished the job, but it's good to me. The farm disc have hit it a few times, but I think it was worth the wait.

Upvote 0

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
wow!!! even not finished,you know what it was intended to be. That's a great find, and prolly did you more good than any meds ;) congrats!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on walking the field.
Nice tools.
Stunning bead. Congrats.
A patient drill job and shaping involved for sure.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds .... I was wondering where you had been good to see you made it out. That bead is great it's one of my bucket list items I haven't found yet

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bead is such an awesome find. Can't wait to find one myself.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear you haven't been well and hope you're all better soon! I can't think of a better way to feel better than to get outside and be able to hunt and then find something so cool as the unfinished bead, it's really awesome and a great find! The other finds are awesome as well! Hope you continue to get stronger and are able to get out and about more often to find some more nice artifacts! It's good to see you posting again!

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you Monsterack, don't know if that was on your bucket list, but had to make you feel pretty happy, hope you didn't overdo it , you probably know by today. My wife had mono about 10 months ago and till today she has to be careful about how much exercise she gets or it can wipe her out for several days. Sincerely hope that you get to feeling better!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! That bead is nothing short of fantastic.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i would be very happy with that

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. It would have taken a lot of effort and skill to make those out of that material. Good eye too.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really cool find... I wonder how they drilled such small holes in a quartz piece like that ... Pretty amazing and gotta be a rare find

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a really cool find... I wonder how they drilled such small holes in a quartz piece like that ... Pretty amazing and gotta be a rare find

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

time and patience!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your wife let you go out and save that one. Unless you snuck out and she didnt know the difference. Thats what I would do so she wouldnt see my wet pants legs. Good to hear you are feeling better my friend.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you could get back out Monsterrack. The quartz crystal bead preform is a new one to me. Very neat..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread