Need Help Selling My Collection!

Collector98

Oct 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I'm new to this website and want to find people who can help me sell my artifacts. I have various items, mostly from the Pre-Columbian era. These include things such as beads, stone tools, masks, knifes/blades(which is what I want help with) etc. I am in the Los Angeles area but don't know much about the technical side of selling these things. I am willing to do business with anyone who can help me. If you're a store owner or gallery dealer, doesn't matter as long as you can help. I'm open to consignment and negotiation. I come from a family of collectors so that's how I acquired most of my items however I also like to buy from shops, auctions, garage sales, etc. Anyway, to start I want to sell these, what I believe to be, Aztec ceremonial or sacrificial knifes. If you think you know what they are exactly please feel free to chime in, I am always looking to learn more. These specifically I inherited from my grandfather, who started our family hobby of collecting. Look at the photos for item specifics (Condition and Size) I have done my research on them and talked to a few experts and they do appear to be authentic. I will also post a picture of a page in a book, "Lost Civilizations Aztecs: Reign Of Blood & Splendor" (119) that has an example of what my knifes resemble. Please don't hesitate to comment or ask me anything, I will reply to my fullest extent. Thank you!

Sources:
Aztecs: Reign Of Blood & Splendor (Lost Civilizations ). (1999). Alexandria, Virginia: Time-Life.

Attachments

• Knives 1.jpg
    Knives 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
  • Knives 2.jpg
    Knives 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 92
  • Knives 3.jpg
    Knives 3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
  • Knives 4.jpg
    Knives 4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • Knives 5.jpg
    Knives 5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
  • Knives 6.jpg
    Knives 6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • Knives 7.jpg
    Knives 7.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
  • Knives 8.jpg
    Knives 8.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • Knives 9.jpg
    Knives 9.jpg
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Knives 10.jpg
    Knives 10.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 58
  • Knives 11.jpg
    Knives 11.jpg
    985.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Knives 12.jpg
    Knives 12.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, only charter members can sell. Please join and then you can sell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread