rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been working crazy hours again but after a long day at work I had to hit a field anyway. Im glad I went cause it was a real good day for a walk. They are harvesting the cotton now. I was just a smiling and felt a little weak in my knees on each one of these finds. Found some other things to but these were the best. They will go in my site frame not my 2017 frame. Its the same place where I found my avatar point. N GA personal finds at its best, rock

Attachments

• SDC12664.JPG
    SDC12664.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • SDC12669.JPG
    SDC12669.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • SDC12668.JPG
    SDC12668.JPG
    748.9 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super nice points! Really like dark points. On this side of the river about all I find is white.

Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice points! I was just digging a hole a week ago when I turned one up!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds, the larger one is awesome with the white bands running thru it.

If you found the one you like what would you call it? That is the 2nd one I have found and both were found with Morrow Mountains. 1st I thought a nice blade then after looking at it I remembered another I had found a few miles away along another creek property. I feel they are a type of short stemmed drills. Here is the other I found last year. Here you go and I found the black one in 2016.

Attachments

• SDC12672.JPG
    SDC12672.JPG
    709 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are oddly shape but the flaking pattern on them looks almost the same with that high ridge running up to the tip. Maybe some type of hide scraper with the pointy knob to help get started ?? I'll have to look thru my older finds and see if I have anything similar

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty nice points rock.... Glad you found you a few nice one's... Can't always work, you gotta enjoy life as much as you can

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!!! Congrats on some really pretty finds ;)

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the center one in the first pic one you calling a morrow mtn. They are all nice finds

Yes I had 2 people tell me it was a MM from my area. Me I just know its one of the best intact points I have found this year.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are oddly shape but the flaking pattern on them looks almost the same with that high ridge running up to the tip. Maybe some type of hide scraper with the pointy knob to help get started ?? I'll have to look thru my older finds and see if I have anything similar

Id be interested in seeing any if you have found some. They could also be paddle drills where the bit has been used up then made into another tool like a scraper. The black one is more thick than the pretty one.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty nice points rock.... Glad you found you a few nice one's... Can't always work, you gotta enjoy life as much as you can

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

I agree with you but I almost always know when I go in but hardly ever know when I am going home no matter what the schudle says. Except for today when I got the call to come in then I didnt know anything till I was told to go home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread