Is this an arrowhead?

GreenHorn

Aug 6, 2007
South Carolina
I found this a couple years in a buddys garden in louisa county virginia.. About 100ft down the hill from the garden was a nice creek that ran thru the property. I can take some more pics if needed, not a problem. I've always been curious ever since findin it. Not really sure of the material.

Thanks for any help.

GreenHorn

Attachments

• louisa.JPG
    louisa.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 538
Upvote 0

razor

Apr 29, 2007
Whats the other side look like? Is it knapped? I've seen a few simular pieces, but they looked more like they may have been a make shift blade of some sort. Razor

OP
OP
GreenHorn

GreenHorn

Aug 6, 2007
South Carolina
Thanks for the info so far guys, appreciate it. I'll post a couple more pics of it here shortly, including the other side.

GreenHorn

OP
OP
GreenHorn

GreenHorn

Aug 6, 2007
South Carolina
Razor,

Here's a pic of the other side. Its not as smooth as the first side i pictured. From what i can tell, this side looks worked also, but not as much as the other side? The back side has a "hump" or "ridge" going down the middle that never got smoothed out. Now, i'm new when it comes to this, so if you see something different let me know. I can shoot any angle you need.

GreenHorn

Attachments

• otherside.JPG
    otherside.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 384

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
looks like well used piece of quartz artifact to me.it looks like it was in a fire so your friend might have some more artifacts on his property.could have come from a midden.

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
In one word, maybe. The problem with many types of quartzite, specially the heavy grained or "sugar" quartz is that it doesn't show the flaking scars very well. Because of it's proximety to a creek there is certainly a chance. Just too darn hard to tell from the picture to be sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread