Latest pottery finds and frame of pottery

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally bought a couple of 16 x 20 frames for my pottery finds and filled up one and wanted to share it. I first started finding pottery and a few projectile points and knives in my creek in 2013 and this frame has most of the pottery with the exception of this years and they will go in the 2nd frame along with the smaller pieces that are currently in this temporary frame with the soapstone bowl piece. The last 4 pics are 2 shards I found yesterday and today with front and inside views and found the key too lol. Up until yesterday I haven't been able to go in to most of the creek due to overgrowth and snakes but now everything is going dormant or hibernating so briars are getting cut back, moved out of the way and I'm back in doing my thing :hello2: and I'm on vacation this week with time to hunt :laughing7: Everything in these frames and all that I find is from the creek on my property so if you're creek hunting and new to it, don't give up, this is years of hunting one creek and there's so much more, I just have to be in the right spot at the right time. Thanks for the look and HH!!
WP_20171119_015.jpg WP_20171119_016.jpg WP_20171118_003.jpg WP_20171118_002.jpg WP_20171119_012.jpg WP_20171119_013.jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The local archie said the holes were probably used to run cord thru to carry. I asked if he thought they were repair pieces and he said maybe but he leans toward used to carry. I hope you find one someday...it was a real thrill to see the holes in these.

Sounds interesting so he didnt think pendant then? I wouldnt think cordage they had would be strong enough to carry a pot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread