Latest pottery finds and frame of pottery

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally bought a couple of 16 x 20 frames for my pottery finds and filled up one and wanted to share it. I first started finding pottery and a few projectile points and knives in my creek in 2013 and this frame has most of the pottery with the exception of this years and they will go in the 2nd frame along with the smaller pieces that are currently in this temporary frame with the soapstone bowl piece. The last 4 pics are 2 shards I found yesterday and today with front and inside views and found the key too lol. Up until yesterday I haven't been able to go in to most of the creek due to overgrowth and snakes but now everything is going dormant or hibernating so briars are getting cut back, moved out of the way and I'm back in doing my thing :hello2: and I'm on vacation this week with time to hunt :laughing7: Everything in these frames and all that I find is from the creek on my property so if you're creek hunting and new to it, don't give up, this is years of hunting one creek and there's so much more, I just have to be in the right spot at the right time. Thanks for the look and HH!!
WP_20171119_015.jpg WP_20171119_016.jpg WP_20171118_003.jpg WP_20171118_002.jpg WP_20171119_012.jpg WP_20171119_013.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice display, did not know N.A's locked their wigwams.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was an old GM key, maybe out of the old Pontiac? :laughing7:

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was an old GM key, maybe out of the old Pontiac? :laughing7:

Never know what you will find in the creek. The spot where I found the key and the pottery next to it has an old 500 gallon (maybe larger because it's at least 5' in diameter) oil drum stuck in the creek. I find stuff all around it. Also found a white worm fishing lure my son took a pic of it and will post it as soon as he sends it to me, now it was weird trying to figure out if it was a dead thing or a lure, really weird. And to beat it all there is a large bicycle and blue tarp embedded in a gray clay bank there.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty impressive especially that it on your land

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Good looking displays of pottery. I've seen some people make some neat designs and shapes with those, they look much better when organized than they do in a box or bucket.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking frame peaches.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of pottery , so do you find a lot of points too with the pottery? They gotta be close by

I don't find many points and it drives me crazy especially since I have found a lot of gray flint flakes. The creek is long, shallow and mostly in a deep ditch so there's no telling where they get stuck. Sometimes when I have walked it a lot I will settle in one spot and use a garden rake to dig up under the banks where there are a lot of cobbles and stones and will dig up a point that got stuck way up under there along with some pottery too. That's how I found the soapstone bowl piece, it was so slippery I could hardly hold on to it lol

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of pottery! When I search creeks, I'm always wondering what I'm walking over, by, and past.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice display of the of the history of your personal property!
Keep at it.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have a beautiful collection of pottery and love the soapstone bowl base. Nice job!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that pottery and the patterns they made. You probably already have this but in case you do not it shows the weaving patters I see on some of yours except the incised patterns. Its art!
Happy Thanksgiving!

100_4308.JPG

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I see some are drilled you know out of all the 100s of pieces I have found I have yet to find a drilled piece. Im still looking for one. Iyo what do you feel the holes were used for and why peaches? You are the "Pottery Queen"

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I see some are drilled you know out of all the 100s of pieces I have found I have yet to find a drilled piece. Im still looking for one. Iyo what do you feel the holes were used for and why peaches? You are the "Pottery Queen"

The local archie said the holes were probably used to run cord thru to carry. I asked if he thought they were repair pieces and he said maybe but he leans toward used to carry. I hope you find one someday...it was a real thrill to see the holes in these.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread