Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my last trip to Ballinger,Tx I found a couple of decent items... plus several broken that I didn't photograph. I didn't get these pics posted right away because I got side tracked posting about another find I made on that trip. A Lefaucheux pinfire revolver.

Normally I don't have the willpower to take in situ pics but this time a friend was standing close enough when I yelled "look at that!" and when I bent down to snatch it he said "don't touch it! get an in situ photo!" It was a nice tiny point but the very tip is chipped off.

Does the long blade item have a "type" or name?

37716636046_6ae7078556_o.jpg 37716620956_5c80eb9e0d_o.jpg 37055960094_034d60561f_o.jpg

Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff! That's one of the best insitu pics I've ever seen. Glad you waited!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds any chance of seeing more pics of the point ? Is it serrated on the edges? The blade is nice too I don’t know much about types out your way but it may be a Refugio or a Covington just guesses I’m sure somebody else will know for sure.

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds any chance of seeing more pics of the point ? Is it serrated on the edges? The blade is nice too I don’t know much about types out your way but it may be a Refugio or a Covington just guesses I’m sure somebody else will know for sure.

These are the only two photos I have so far but I can get the little point out and take some more pics tonight. The edges do appear to be serrated.

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I looked up Covingtons and Refugios. Thanks arrow86. I'm leaning towards Refugio...it looks really close to the larger point. Here's another pic of the little point. It does have the serrated edges. Would this be considered a bird point or is it too big? I had first thought Perdiz but since it has serrations what could it be?

_MG_7605.JPG

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks a bit large to be a bird point, but its a nice find either way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread