rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up this morning to ice hitting the roof and looked outside and sure enough a small ice storm. It didnt last long and I waited till it melted off then went on with the plan I had thought of all week long. Not going to let it stop me but I will say it was freezing and next time Im wearing gloves. I went to a location where I have permission but the owner says stay in the creek if you want to look. So I had to wade through the super cold water but after getting there it was a fun day just hated the trip back cause the water was thigh high and cold. There was a lot to look at and Im sure I probably missed one but was happy to find what I did. Found 1 little beat up flint point, 1 preform they were working down a quartz cobble and hit a inclusion rite on the tip and tossed it and then the broken stuff. Didnt stay long maybe a couple of hours. Also the owners dogs came down and helped me by turning some rocks while hunting for critters I was glad they decided to go home cause they were making a mess. HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC12768.JPG
    SDC12768.JPG
    708 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC12766.JPG
    SDC12766.JPG
    708.9 KB · Views: 75
  • SDC12767.JPG
    SDC12767.JPG
    885.3 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds good way to end 2017 with a whole point Iā€™m gonna try and squeeze a quick hunt in Friday weather depending....

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dedicated hunting pays off even if it is very cold, good finds.

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you invested in a good pair of neoprene waders for that kind of hunting!!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and great way to end the year! There used to be twin bird dogs in my neighborhood that would visit me and they were so sweet and cute but yep they can be messy and not good creek hunting partners, messy boys! :laughing7:

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now thatā€™s dedication! Weā€™ve had some new gravel bars come up for the recent rain, but that water sure is cold! You have had some really awesome finds this year! Congratulations ā˜ƒļø

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you invested in a good pair of neoprene waders for that kind of hunting!!

I bought me a pair of waterproof pants I use. I can walk through the water and of course the water still goes up the legs but drains off quick when you get out and they stay warm. That being said I dont walk if its waist deep

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thatā€™s dedication! Weā€™ve had some new gravel bars come up for the recent rain, but that water sure is cold! You have had some really awesome finds this year! Congratulations ā˜ƒļø
Thanks hopefully we can go in the next few weeks Im hoping work slows down after New Years at least for a month or so.
Happy New Year!!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and great way to end the year! There used to be twin bird dogs in my neighborhood that would visit me and they were so sweet and cute but yep they can be messy and not good creek hunting partners, messy boys! :laughing7:

The dogs were real sweet. I liked seeing them cause it gave me a chance to warm my cold hands on them but dang they were digging and got to relaxed. One left me a present I could of done without laying on the gravel.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds good way to end 2017 with a whole point Iā€™m gonna try and squeeze a quick hunt in Friday weather depending....

I hope you get to go and hopefully all the leaves are gone for you

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dedicated hunting pays off even if it is very cold, good finds.

Thanks it was better than sitting at home. I wish the big one was finished but its real thick probably an inch so I dont think it is. Im putting it in the raffle at the next show hopefully the next person will like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread