Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Overstreet Next Edition

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2006
    oklahoma
    287 times
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    When I first opened the link, it said "flint only."
    What that means is that we don't need any hardstone pieces, gorgets, etc. We need only projectile points.
    T.C. likes this.

us
    Mar 2017
    Arizona
    1867 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Yep. If you have the location of the find and aren't sure of the type, I may be able to help with that. I go over each one of the images and add information (type, material, etc) and then mark them for inclusion into the book. Be sure to check the criteria though, we really do need them on white or black backgrounds (makes it easier to edit) and we need size as well. A ruler would really help, but if you don't have one handy you can always fill in the dimensions field in the form. Be sure to take the pics in plenty of light and try not to be TOO close to the artifact, or it may affect the depth of field (that makes one part of the image more sharp than another). All submissions, from anywhere in the U.S. is greatly appreciated! State of exhaustion and minor damage doesn't matter either. If they have a tip or barb nick, go ahead and submit it because we want to show different grades.
    Sounds good, and yes I know where the ones Id like to submit came from, all from the Tucson area. It will take a little while for me to get some good clear photos, so until then.
    Neanderthal likes this.

us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    7195 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I am really glad you are involved in this. My friend bought Bobs (Overstreet) house here in Tennessee and he left a bunch of mortars and pestles there I may pick up and my Uncle worked with him at Bowwater Corp. I have never got past his secretary,lol.
    If you need any types from the south east let me know.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Aug 2006
    oklahoma
    287 times
    We need types from everywhere! What's kinda funny about all of this is that nobody seems to be submitting some of the more common types. They appear to assume that everyone else is submitting their dovetail, adena, and kirks and they won't have a chance of getting theirs in. Nothing can be further from the truth. Please, submit any classic examples of any type.

us
    Mar 2017
    Arizona
    1867 times
    Just wanted to update you. Im having trouble getting some quality photos. My Sony camera is no longer with us and its difficult with an I-phone, so Im waiting on another camera to use.
    Neanderthal likes this.

us
    Apr 2008
    Southern Ohio
    3788 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Jusr curious how many people are sending in some pictures. I have sent in a bunch and hope they pick at least a few to publish in the book. I have some pieces published in one of Jim Bennets books. It's pretty cool to open a book and see your own pieces.
    fishstick likes this.
    "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends."

us
    the boss

Mar 2008
    south dakota
    good eyes
    2586 times
    I have been putting in some time submitting a bunch too Steve.

Artifact rich South Dakota has been way under-represented in the prior publications, and we happen to be split into two regions. East half of state being in the North Central section, then, from the Missouri river region west, in the high plains region.
    The Grim Reaper likes this.

us
    I collect Artifacts and Vintage Collectibles and Rocks.

Aug 2012
    South
    Coin Finder
    7705 times
    bump
    Personal finds were on private property which I have permission to hunt.
    Best bug repellent I have ever used bugband.net check it out.

Aug 2006
    oklahoma
    287 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper View Post
    Jusr curious how many people are sending in some pictures. I have sent in a bunch and hope they pick at least a few to publish in the book. I have some pieces published in one of Jim Bennets books. It's pretty cool to open a book and see your own pieces.
    There's quite a few, which is a good thing. I've went through quite a few and I think that there are 600-700+ submissions still waiting to be sorted through right now. The larger the pool of artifacts that we have to draw from, the better the book will be. When I do figure out which types that we will definitely need more images of I will let everyone now.

us
    Apr 2008
    Southern Ohio
    3788 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by quito View Post
    I have been putting in some time submitting a bunch too Steve.

Artifact rich South Dakota has been way under-represented in the prior publications, and we happen to be split into two regions. East half of state being in the North Central section, then, from the Missouri river region west, in the high plains region.
    I have a few South Dakota pieces. I'll get some pictures and submit them.
    "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends."

us
    the boss

Mar 2008
    south dakota
    good eyes
    2586 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper View Post
    I have a few South Dakota pieces. I'll get some pictures and submit them.
    Cool.

Having a pretty good idea where they came from, I'd say you have some nice high plains pieces.

us
    logger/ sawmill operator

Jun 2016
    KENTUCKY
    whites/ bh
    649 times
    I have two questions as well , is there a deadline? and what color or type of backing do you prefer? Sorry i reread your info i see you want black or white.
    Last edited by sawmill man; Feb 04, 2018 at 11:43 AM.

us
    I collect Artifacts and Vintage Collectibles and Rocks.

Aug 2012
    South
    Coin Finder
    7705 times
    I was wondering how you know what size your pictures are when you send them? I have plenty of fields grade finds from N GA as most know thats usually the types I find.
    Personal finds were on private property which I have permission to hunt.
    Best bug repellent I have ever used bugband.net check it out.

us
    Dec 2016
    Arizona
    White's prizm 950
    154 times
    Relic Hunting
    I'm going to try and get some in as well because in previous editiond I feel Arizona is underrepresented. Unfortunately I don't have ready access to some of the better pieces.

Aug 2006
    oklahoma
    287 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    I was wondering how you know what size your pictures are when you send them? I have plenty of fields grade finds from N GA as most know thats usually the types I find.
    You can check the image size / resolution in your graphics program, like photoshop. However, as long as the images are crisp and clear I wouldn't worry too awful much about resolution. There have been several people who have submitted images taken with their cell phones and they look fine to me. Lighting matters a lot. If you can, I would recommend taking pics outdoors - you just can't beat natural light.

Here's something that I have been using as a backdrop for flint pics for a while now. Jewelry board/trays. They're very inexpensive and work great! They are hard and covered in velvet, so you don't have to worry about much about light reflecting. You can get them in white, black, or gray...I have several of each. https://www.amazon.com/Wire-Sculptur...vet+tray+board
    rock likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links