Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20180225_062555907.jpg IMG_20180225_062649867.jpg
If mother nature did this than she more than likely did most of the sculptures we attribute to famous artist.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Whatever it is supposed to be an effigy of, I can't make out.

What are you seeing?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'll bet my driveway has one of them..But it's purty. :thumbsup:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I guess I don't have the Free Mind that you have.....:thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
I instantly seen a side profile of a wolf or coyote. I guess I need to stay in the box like all of you.

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Isn't there a website where folks can go and made to feel good about their eppigies? You know, outside of the box where all there can share their eppigies and each can stroke the other not learning a thing?
If we could direct folks there with similar pieces they would be so much happier.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing about Effigies is that one cannot leave the box in order to see something that is not there. Native Americans created effigies to resemble and represent their counterparts viewed from all angles, not just from one side.
20140921_191529.jpg
I would love to be able to call this my Kitty Cat with Extended Paw effigy or fetish but alas, it is just a chunk of rotted tree root.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What always makes me shake my head is when somebody posts what they think is an effigy that’s rough and you have to hold a certain way to convince yourself it’s something...... if you take the time to look at any artifact even a small bird point the flaking and skill visible is amazing .... they were masters of their craft so why would you think an effigy wouldn’t have the same skill and craftsmanship put into it ???

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yep...if you have to ask, the answer is no. an actual effigy is obvious. but thanks for the fun...check out EBAY for effigies....full of laughs there.

OP
OP
F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
What always makes me shake my head is when somebody posts what they think is an effigy that’s rough and you have to hold a certain way to convince yourself it’s something...... if you take the time to look at any artifact even a small bird point the flaking and skill visible is amazing .... they were masters of their craft so why would you think an effigy wouldn’t have the same skill and craftsmanship put into it ???

Not all artifacts we're elaborate and precise in thier creation. I have seen authencated artifacts worth more than I would have ever guessed that were made very crudely and sometimes undecernable as to what they were(at least to me). And people also call a rock and artifact because it was found near a campsite. But I can find that same Rock somewhere else and it wouldn't be nothing because it wasn't on the campsite. There my rant is over sorry

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread