Couple of finds from this weekend 4/15

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Here are a couple levanna I found over the weekend. I’m upset about the one with the small tip ding because it has beautiful streaks of white going through it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524010959.409798.jpg

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , the one on the left is really nice ... is the base slightly damaged or does it look like the ears were intentionally longer than the middle ?

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , the one on the left is really nice ... is the base slightly damaged or does it look like the ears were intentionally longer than the middle ?

Thanks! I just checked and it looks like there is flaking going around the entire right ear. I believe the left ear is intentionally longer than the right.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I just checked and it looks like there is flaking going around the entire right ear. I believe the left ear is intentionally longer than the right.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524018609.146744.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524018625.679231.jpg

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

In his entry for Levannas, in the expanded edition of his New England typology, Jeff Boudreau states the "tangs are often asymmetrical". So it's very typical to have one longer then the other....

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In his entry for Levannas, in the expanded edition of his New England typology, Jeff Boudreau states the "tangs are often asymmetrical". So it's very typical to have one longer then the other....

Thanks for clarifying! Levannas really are beautiful pieces.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread