Found a SMOKER

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Found this exquisite example of the Sarasota type last Monday .. A Woodland point made of agatized coral.
Type ID. Put together with site information with the help of Son Anderson and others:headbang: 20180415_132438~2.jpg 20180415_132411~2.jpg IMG_3453.jpg received_1903891602976245.jpeg

Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely amazing find

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone
Several other beautiful artifacts and a few other points and Blades came from the site this past week.. this one is so Flawless and outstanding and the quality of the agatized coral it just completely overshadows the rest.
Thought I would stop by and say hi with this one.
Good to see some familiar faces here still

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry but i have no idea why this made the banner, google search didn't turn up much, can someone please enlighten me ?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
finely done, real craftsman, and took some time to create, so likely very important loss to the man, SUPER Find for you...! :thumbsup:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: That is one beautiful point! Congratulations! Also, wish you my Condolences for the loss of your dad.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry but i have no idea why this made the banner, google search didn't turn up much, can someone please enlighten me ?
Why do you need google to decide if somthing I found monday deserves to be on the banner?

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooo cool... Finally after over 14 thousand posts I made banner with one!
:hello2:

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things make the banner for a myriad of reasons. Old coins due to age, rarity, condition. Rings due to value, age, beauty. Relics due to collectivity, value. Arrowheads due to craftsmanship, rarity, condition and overall awesomeness. If you didn't find much on Google must be pretty rare. Eh?

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"...no idea why it made banner?" Did you even look at the pictures? Hey, I think it's great to see something from the T-net basement make banner, and well deserved!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Gator...long time no see!...
Congrats on the great find, and earning a Banner nod.
Sorry to read of the circumstances related to your find, that’s gotta be tough.... bet your Dad would be so proud of you.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The banner is full of buttons and rings, etc that are only at best a couple of hundred years old. Gators point is thousands of years old and flawless. I would guess there are almost none found that perfect. It blows away anything on the banner right now. Not dissing the other finds but this point is unreal.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences on the loss of your father. Congratulations on the banner find. It's a beautiful find and a remembrance one too.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the best points that I've ever seen come from Florida and your state is well known for some good quality artifacts. A big congratulations on making the banner. That point deserves a frame all to itself in my opinion and it is a no brainer that it should make a trip across the top. Sorry I didn't see it posted sooner or you would have gotten another vote from me.

My condolences on the loss of your father.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is one of the best points that I've ever seen come from Florida and your state is well known for some good quality artifacts. A big congratulations on making the banner. That point deserves a frame all to itself in my opinion and it is a no brainer that it should make a trip across the top. Sorry I didn't see it posted sooner or you would have gotten another vote from me.

My condolences on the loss of your father.

there was no time...it shot up like lightening! That point looks like it was made yesterday! Do you suppose it was buried on purpose?

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banner is full of buttons and rings, etc that are only at best a couple of hundred years old. Gators point is thousands of years old and flawless. I would guess there are almost none found that perfect. It blows away anything on the banner right now. Not dissing the other finds but this point is unreal.

BOOOM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread