Please seeking information on this piece of history. Can't find anything like it!

BizzyLizzy

May 20, 2018
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am new to this site but I am looking for any type of information on this piece that I found while walking on our hunting lease. I have showed it to several people no one can relatively give me any type of information or seen one like this I had someone offer me wanting to buy it but I'm not real sure that I want to sell it but if I did if there was any way anyone could tell me relatively what it is worth. The pictures do not do it any justice in person the piece is rounded and has a curve whenever you sit in your hand and has a curvature to it. So any help would be appreciated thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180421_115200.jpg
    IMG_20180421_115200.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0

SportsmanAll

Mar 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am new to this site but I am looking for any type of information on this piece that I found while walking on our hunting lease. I have showed it to several people no one can relatively give me any type of information or seen one like this I had someone offer me wanting to buy it but I'm not real sure that I want to sell it but if I did if there was any way anyone could tell me relatively what it is worth. The pictures do not do it any justice in person the piece is rounded and has a curve whenever you sit in your hand and has a curvature to it. So any help would be appreciated thanks

Looks like it has been reworked to the point of exhaustion. I believe it used to be much much bigger.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I found that here in IL I'd call it a Snyder's middle woodland point. No idea what it's called in your area. The base is broken so the value is minimal. Gary

OP
OP
B

BizzyLizzy

May 20, 2018
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok um the reworked part I'm kinda confused about so you are saying that it was made a left behind and then reworked by another group in later years? Bc I guess I could see that being a maybe bc like I said pic of this piece just do not show details. Um the point is like none other found in Louisiana to the best of my knowledge. When I found it I was and still am on cloud 9. There's really no value to my collection due to the fact that I hold with me a piece of history that is real and that a human long long ago held on to and made for what ever reason and to me that in itself is more valuable than anything else. But it's interesting to see the looks some people faces that just think these are simply rocks. Get educated people they are simply way more than as rock.. thanks for your input ladies are Gents. much appreciated

SportsmanAll

Mar 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok um the reworked part I'm kinda confused about so you are saying that it was made a left behind and then reworked by another group in later years? Bc I guess I could see that being a maybe bc like I said pic of this piece just do not show details. Um the point is like none other found in Louisiana to the best of my knowledge. When I found it I was and still am on cloud 9. There's really no value to my collection due to the fact that I hold with me a piece of history that is real and that a human long long ago held on to and made for what ever reason and to me that in itself is more valuable than anything else. But it's interesting to see the looks some people faces that just think these are simply rocks. Get educated people they are simply way more than as rock.. thanks for your input ladies are Gents. much appreciated

Re-used in the sense that at one time who knows how large it was, but time after time of it being shot/thrown and breaking or sulking or chopping it was re-worked smaller and smaller for continual use. Very awesome piece of history!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread