✅ SOLVED Axe and wood handle

Whiplash016

Feb 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two years ago I started a topic on here that ended up being pages long and a huge debate. I’ve kept digging, found more artifacts and fossils than I know what do to with and I am looking for help.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530222662.987673.jpg

Upvote 0

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not an expert but what I see is a rock and a stick . Not artifacts but that's only my view I'm sure there will be more opinions soon .

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There won't be any debate from me, sorry. You have an axe head shaped rock...kind of, and a stick.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not an artifact ,keep in mind Ancient axes looked nothing like the shape of a modern metal axe ,just a rock that coincidentally took that shape

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My free opinion.... Your eye caught an item that needed further investigation. A good thing. Had that been iron ,and not clearly viewed it would have been more rewarding (to me).

Material would fragment on hard impact. A ceremonial item may not need such durability. But it is not a ceremonial item.

The wood piece? I would not hazard a guess as to if it had been touched ,let alone used by a human hand till you met it..

Keep looking . When you find skill and art that wows you in a piece ,post it up for opinions. You might have some in your collected finds yet.

Nothing personal. Nothing to gain or lose by your success or efforts here by me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread