Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those ARE 4 fantastic finds. I like the way you displayed them. Thanks for sharing and congrats.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome. That's the word.:icon_thumright:

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some killers love the material too! That big black blade looks similar to a couple I have found here in Ohio!

Ckgene

Apr 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny how when you find one you get the sense of this is just the beginning and each subsequent find seems harder and harder. Great pieces definitely should be proud of them

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are beauties. There are lots of amazing finds out there. Stay at it.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you old timers sure had some easy pickings :laughing7: excellent finds rock.

Believe it or not I found them less than 4 years ago. If anyone ever asks you how long it takes to clean out a great spot you can say 4 years. No Til is killing the fields and creeks for finds. I found these rite after a big flood in 2015 they were the best finds for the year. We have had 4 floods like that since but this year I only found 1 dinky triangle in the same creek as these were found. But the memories of finding them just keeps me looking and hoping, thanks

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some killers love the material too! That big black blade looks similar to a couple I have found here in Ohio!

Id like to find more of them its the only 1 I have ever found like it.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice what do you think the one on bottom right is? Maybe a cotaco creek?

Could be but it also looks like a Morrow Mountain to me. Either way its the best example of one I have ever found. What do you think the tan one is above the other?

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are beauties. There are lots of amazing finds out there. Stay at it.

I still look but not as often as I use to. This property had sold last year and I have permission again but only June-Aug which is better than nothing. Fields havent been plowed for 4 years Im hoping they will see the disc by the next season of 2019 then the fields will be killer again. But you have to take what you can get, thanks

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some killers .....love the materials

I like the different colors of the flint here and enjoy the quartz to I find. I think I have cleaned them out though. I walked the fields and a section of the creek last week and didnt find much in the fields and not even a chip of flint in the creek. Time to move on until something new happens.

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Believe it or not I found them less than 4 years ago. If anyone ever asks you how long it takes to clean out a great spot you can say 4 years. No Til is killing the fields and creeks for finds. I found these rite after a big flood in 2015 they were the best finds for the year. We have had 4 floods like that since but this year I only found 1 dinky triangle in the same creek as these were found. But the memories of finding them just keeps me looking and hoping, thanks

Rip-rap and seawalls are killing the good spots along the rivers and creeks for me. I had this one place where I found 17 points my first time there. Now, after they developed the land and knocked down the banks and installed rip-rap, there is nothing washing out (the point of putting in the rip-rap). I sometimes find a point that got churned up in a storm. It's pretty much a waste of time but I'll go if I've hit everything else. It sure is disappointing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread