Large biscuit discoidal gaming stone?

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this a few years ago and just found it out of a box a few days ago. My question is, could this be a large size gaming stone? http://peachstatearchaeologicalsociety.org/index.php/22-game-stones This link shows the "biscuit" style discoidals, which I think the one gaming stone I have is of that style and I have it in the photo for comparison. On there they say the size can range from 2 to over 4 inches and this big one has a 3 and 1/4th inch diameter. The only thing I wonder about is the one flattened side. Could that be from use during the game or could this be something completely different than a discoidal?

Picture 019.jpg
Picture 020.jpg
Picture 021.jpg

Upvote 0

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice artifact Discoidal is used to describe some different types of hard stone out west . Like Cogged stones and Earspools anvil stones and so on if I found that in my area it would be a Mano .

OP
OP
Worm-Slicer

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice artifact Discoidal is used to describe some different types of hard stone out west . Like Cogged stones and Earspools anvil stones and so on if I found that in my area it would be a Mano .

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I looked up a Mano and I suppose it could also be that too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions