Quartz triangle point and some pottery

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurricane Michael really made the creeks wash here in western NC and brought some things out in my creek. I've only hunted in one area upstream and still have quite a bit of creek to go through but wanted to post my finds for today.

I didn't take an insitu pic of the point but I found it in a shallow spot in the center of the creek, the base was the first thing I saw and I was hoping it was what it looked like it might be and yay it was :headbang:, a triangle point and most likely a Yadkin, making it from the Woodland time period. I was also pleased to find the pottery and one is a rim. Thanks for looking! HH

Triangle point 10-13-18.jpg Pottery 10-13-18.jpg

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , we got a ton of rain from the hurricane too ... still waiting for the river to recede it’s up about 5 feet higher than normal

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I like the staining. Gives it some color and character.

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see the storm washed out some material for you to find

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the same spot today and found another NA pottery shard and a piece of crockery, maybe next weekend I'll be able to hit some other spots, hoping so anyway.
pottery and crockery 10-14-18.jpg Inside view showing the glaze on the crockery. It's old too but not as old as the NA pottery. pottery and crockery 10-14-18 inside.jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet Artifacts!

Kace

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As usual, Good stuff! I like the piece with the rim. Nice point, it has been the water a long time , could have come from miles up. My grandson still talks about the Morganton trip.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As usual, Good stuff! I like the piece with the rim. Nice point, it has been the water a long time , could have come from miles up. My grandson still talks about the Morganton trip.
Thank you! I wish I could get further up the creek, would really like to know how far it goes up the mountain. That was an awesome event, just wish it hadn't been so dang hot. It was really nice to meet you, your wife and grandson and I'm glad he enjoyed it.

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Glad to see you found a point to go with the pottery. I'll bet that storm washed out quite a few.

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going Peaches! I haven't been able to get out for weeks due to high water. I'm hoping we had some artifacts wash out up here too. Good luck on the rest of the creek!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You earned that point all the miles you have put in looking!!!! Congrats Im glad you rescued it, its a beauty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread