speechless

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found a new field yesterday, its full of sunflowers. well i decided to check the outer parimeter, and i thought i was dreaming, when i looked down i got light headed, and shakey. i know it is a banner stone type, dont know the name but the hole is not all the way through. the other thing i dont know, its not bone though. there where flakes everywhere. i am so anxoius for it to be plowed. i think i will drive by everyday and look, lol
P9280010.jpg

P9280012.jpg
Code:

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really sweet find trevmma, it is a bannerstone with only the hole un-finished. Were it me I would spend a lot of time hunting there. Once it is plowed, I would doing a rain dance ever day.

When I lived in Missouri, as soon as I knew we were in for a good rain I put on my rain coat and I headed for my favorite fields along the streams. I had a nice little valley with hills on 3 sides and a stone stream on the forth that always produced.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Trev, that is one of the best personal finds I have seen in a very long time...and that's saying alot. What an absolutely fantastic rose quartz bannerstone you have there guy. Very rare, desirable and one beautiful artifact. I'm very jealous!

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Killer Hourglass type banner! I would die if I foune that. Shame it's not drilled all the way, but none the less still a rare find like Matt said. Congrats!
badandy

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
My hunting partner yesterday found a Clovis. Complete, great flutes, etc.

We have a tradition on the river, when someone spots a point..let someone else pick it up for you. That way both parties get to experience a bit of the joy. I picked up his Clovis. It was his first ever. To put things into perspection...your bannerstone is much more rare than his Clovis.

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Very nice find!!! My heart woulda stopped too.Got home early from work and headed to my site now.Congrats to ya.HH!!GL!!

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Super great find. I hope to find one someday...d2

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Speechless is the word for it! Beautiful find! I would be all oer that field once they plowed it up. People go for many years and never find one of those. Congrats on an awesome find!

Brian

OP
OP
trevmma

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found one but the half moon shaped one, the 2 time looking for arrowheads, but i thought it was a broken coffe mug handle so i tossed it. i walk from 6.30 in the mourning till about 7 at night when fields are plowed, but this was a fluke i was in the field 15 minutes unplowed full of sunflowers.

P

pickaway

No fluke,You got to get out and hunt to find em.Congrats on the find. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
trevmma said:
found a new field yesterday, its full of sunflowers. well i decided to check the outer parimeter, and i thought i was dreaming, when i looked down i got light headed, and shakey. i know it is a banner stone type, dont know the name but the hole is not all the way through. the other thing i dont know, its not bone though. there where flakes everywhere. i am so anxoius for it to be plowed. i think i will drive by everyday and look, lol
P9280010.jpg

P9280012.jpg
Code:
Way To Go!!!
Man I,m jealous! I,ve always daydreamed of finding stuff like that. Trev Im not that far from you,I,m drivin up that way lookin for sunflowers lol. Great Find!!
Jeff

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! I would be speechless too.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread