very curious

blazerdog

Jan 20, 2018
northern california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I get into details, with photos and quantities. Was wondering how common a site is found with besides points, scrapers and many different size stone tools there is also numerous rock carvings of snakes, owls, lizards and mostly mammoths, both front and full side views. I do mean numerous.

Upvote 0

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Before I get into details, with photos and quantities. Was wondering how common a site is found with besides points, scrapers and many different size stone tools there is also numerous rock carvings of snakes, owls, lizards and mostly mammoths, both front and full side views. I do mean numerous.

Shockingly not that common.

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains

Very uncommon.
Images of the numerous mammoth carvings would be nice to verify your claim.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I would have to see the mammoth petroglyphs, as they're not that common at all in North America. Cool if you've found some.

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like he is seeing tusks, not faces. A lot of negativity on here, but I for one would love to see what you find.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I use to draw on walls.

OP
OP
B

blazerdog

Jan 20, 2018
northern california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies. Will be posting pictures tonight around 7 pm pst. To one response, calling something BS without even seeing it, seems a little thought challenged,

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies. Will be posting pictures tonight around 7 pm pst. To one response, calling something BS without even seeing it, seems a little thought challenged,

You have to understand that we see posts like this all the time that prove fruitless. I'm hoping yours is the real deal.

Last edited:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with that. I certainly hope to see more, but I can't count the number of times I have seen a post promising pictures and proof, but the poster never replies. At least blazerdog did post a second time.

JB

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
and North American right? Don't post some pix from Europe or Africa either.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Snakes, lizards, owls, sounds like my grandson's bedroom!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread