Saturdays hunt.

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
saturday.PNG I know how you guys like pics so heres my weekend hunt , my first pipe bowl in the center. lots of pottery injoy. Not pictured is my heartbreaker, i lost on the way out , a five inch bone awl/ blade with the knuckle joint still on the end very cool piece ,i wont see it again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a heck of a day ..... your rite we love pics so you gotta get some close ups of a few of them especially the pipe bowl ...also the blade to the left of it you know what type is that ? Adena? Some nice finds you got there

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pipe1.PNG cant figure out more than one pics at a time yet pipe2.PNG pipe3.PNG sorry for the big dirty hands im a logger and the get to see alot of dirt.lol.

Last edited:

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome day for sure. Would also like to see some better pics of pipe.What is it made of? Always great to find something you haven't found before.Hopefully you can find awl,I know you're gonna look. You don't think you will find it, how come? Just seen your new pics. Cool pipe, reminds me of the conical pipes we find in Oregon

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think its called a Tennessee cloud puffer. but im not sure im not the best at ID, i just like hunting. The pipe is stone. i looked for the awl but never could figure out where i dropped it.

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We call them cloud blowers here too.Don't ever feel bad about working hands.I have been a logger for going on 50 years, I guess you're fortunate to have all your fingers

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked a friend that lives in So. IN if he ever got tired of finding grey flint. He said "NO!"

I have a Logosol chainsaw mill and use it to mill walnut for gunstocks. I've been at it for 7 yrs. There's nothing like taking that first cut off a log and seeing the hidden beauty. Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread