Any help is greatly appreciated

1Texan

Feb 18, 2015
Breckenridge, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that posts like this come and go all the time from people needing information and I will apologize for being a novice here as well. I was given an old, falling apart shadow box a few years back from a family friend here in Texas. The box contained several old knives, Zippos, and various other gadgets in it as well as quite a few arrowheads and other “tool type” looking flint pieces. I had never really looked at most of the things until recently and was amazed at the different types of arrowheads and flint pieces that were scattered inside this box. I am sure at one time this box was very organized and well kept, but over time the glass top was broke and the carpet inside started to age as this was inside a garage when it was given to me. This collection of things was from an old US Navy Vet that had passed away and had left my friend (his brother in law) in charge of the estate. I feel with the background of the gentleman and his age that all of these arrowhead pieces have a good chance of being authentic. I have attached just a few random pictures of some of the pieces and would like your thoughts on them or what my next step should be with this. I can upload more pictures on here or privately if anyone is interested in seeing more. This is just a small amount out of the many.

Attachments

• 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    848.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    865.7 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you. Those are all the real deal, and other members can ID them for you as to type. Nice side notch and serrated points. You have a pretty cool drill there, too.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site! You are very lucky to have all those really nice artifacts. Love the drill and the serrated pieces are really cool, all of it is super nice.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice collection! :occasion14:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to have the local found pieces for you to preserve!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The small triangular ones with 3 notches are called Harrell points. These are true arrow points. I think the triangle with 2 notches is called a Desert Side Notch if I remember right. Gary

OP
OP

1Texan

Feb 18, 2015
Breckenridge, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After signing up and posting a few pics, I had to go home and spread the majority of these out to share. There are still about 25 or so pieces, tips, etc. that I didn't spread out but this is bulk of what I have. Hope you enjoy and look forward to any comments on what you guys know about them. Thanks again for the feedback.

Attachments

• ALL.jpg
    ALL.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 3A.jpg
    3A.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 2A.jpg
    2A.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 1A.jpg
    1A.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 93

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome. A very nice collection. If it was up to me I would reframe them in a new frame(s). Then I would find the name of the Navy Vet. and place it on his collection. JMHO. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread