• point 1.jpg
    point 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I love it! There are a lot of things called Paleo Lance, Stringtown Lances, Lanceolates, Ohio Agate Basins that seem to have preferred the black cherts in Ohio. Still some debate if they are all paleo, and the likelihood in my opinion is they were a long tradition that went from Paleo to well into the Archaic time period.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wear on it reminds me of some of the stuff that we get out of the Flint River here in S.W. Georgia. That's a really nice find!

OP
OP
snaps

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Thanks Guys! Newnan didnt know that about Plano- Josh that makes sense traditions are passed down-tnmudman yea most I get are real dull-buck, Zaleski never heard of that-GA rebel, yea Im sure alot of great stuff comes out of that part of Georgia

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a few of the variously-named lanceolates in Ohio seem to be relatives of the Steubenville/Fox Creek continuum. The Ohio State Museum so classifies some of its holdings of them.

OP
OP
snaps

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Uniface thanks for the info- might stop into that museum when I visit a buddy in columbus, Thanks Tony!

OP
OP
snaps

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Reuellis Thanks! and thanks for posting a good example of Kanawha flint. I think the pics I put up show the two different sides. I can post some different angles if you want

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread