good day at WORK!!

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
I got skunked yesterday at my site,but I work on a golf coarse and one of the holes that parallels the marshes has caught my eye since I started there (lots of oyster mounds).Today I decided to jump off the mower while it was low tide and off the oyster cliff onto the beach and right away pulled out all this pottery and a drilled oyster shell.It was all embedded in the wall of oyster.All this looking and I find stuff at work. GL!!HH!! PALEO

Attachments

• 100_0516.jpg
    100_0516.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding finds, love the drilled oyster shell. I love finding pottery shards, some will have designs (that makes it so much prettier).

;) RR

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
paleoheadhunter said:
I got skunked yesterday at my site,but I work on a golf coarse and one of the holes that parallels the marshes has caught my eye since I started there (lots of oyster mounds).Today I decided to jump off the mower while it was low tide and off the oyster cliff onto the beach and right away pulled out all this pottery and a drilled oyster shell.It was all embedded in the wall of oyster.All this looking and I find stuff at work. GL!!HH!! PALEO
Well I,ve never golfed but I ll have to try soon. nice finds
Jeff

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im a coarse worker too. we have huge bucks, tons of morrels, 18oo coins in the ground, but know arrowheads, yet!!! the miami river is 2 miles away and we are way up so there is a chance

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Thanks for the replies.I've been researching the island that I work on and see that the island is 40,000 years old and a ton of Native American activity along with early moonshine bootleggers and civil war history.I can't wait to seriously hunt the place.One guy I work with said they found ALL the artifacts while they developed the place.I say,people thinking that way is exactly why I'm going to find stuff. ;D Thanks again!! HH!!GL!! PALEO

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
If it is Hutchinson Island (only one I know of in Savannah that has a golf course) then there is a ton of history. A woman that Iwork with said that when they were developing that golf course, her husband was one of the surveyors and they found tons of stuff. I have been researching the island also because the confederates used it to escape to SC.

Find out when they are dredging the river and if you can, hit the piles of sludge, might need a boat but I hear you will find those huge Megladon shark teeth. I have not been able to do this myself so I can not say this works and since I am taking a new job in Charleston, I may never get the chance.

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread